Sunday

CLAUDIA JORDAN SAYS SHE THOUGHT ABOUT KILLING HERSELF OVER MONEY

CLAUDIA JORDAN



Claudia Jordan is the newest member of the hit television show, “The Real Housewives of Atlanta.”  Jordan admits that her career has improved as of late, and she’s extremely grateful.  But Jordan says that it wasn’t always that way, especially after she filed bankruptcy back in 2012.
Jordan says to Radar Online that her bankruptcy wasn’t just sad, it made her nearly suicidal.

“I definitely had money and lost it all and got it back, lost it all again and now I’m on the upswing,” Jordan said. “I was a victim of some predatory loans, and I remember I was depressed for a while to the point I was actually suicidal.”

Jordan says that hitting the bottom financially really tore her apart and led her to feel that there was no hope for the future.   She says that the cancellation of her show, as well as bad real estate deals, left her financially and emotionally destitute.  Additionally, she says that her divorce took an added emotional toll.

“I hit rock bottom,” she said. “I lost everything, including my real estate.

“I was very proud of buying all my real estate on my own and [then] my show got canceled, I went through a divorce, basically I lost my work,” she continued. “Everything happened at the same time and I was depressed.”

Jordan says that her response to her depression was to lie in bed and not do anything.   She also says that during this difficult time, someone took advantage of her financially as well.

“I laid in bed for months, and honestly I didn’t work,” she admitted. “I was depressed and I fell behind.”

She says that she trusted a colleague to help with the situation, but even that turned out to be a waste of money.

“There was someone that came to me that said, ‘Hey, I can help you. I can thaw it out,’” she explained. “I paid him $10,000 and he started to file the bankruptcy proceedings, but then we never followed through with it.”

Jordan says that she never went into the financial black hole of bankruptcy, and paid off her debts instead.

“I ended up paying off what I owed, but someone filed on my behalf and we didn’t follow through with it,” she said. “I know that’s something people like to throw in my face, but you know what, a lot of people have gone through bankruptcy.

“I was a victim of that,” she said. “I was upside down. I had $1 million dollars in property that I had and it wasn’t worth it anymore.”

Jordan says that she is doing better, now that she’s on the show.  She expects that this is going to shift her economic fortunes, at least for the time being.   She also feels that her quirky personality will work well on the show that makes millions of dollars by creating drama out of thin air.

“Just give me a chance and be open minded,” she said. “I’m not like the other girls. I have a quirky sense of humor. I have a smart mouth sometimes. I’m a little rough around the edges, but I am real.”

“Like I said, there’s a lot of people out there that are dealing with a lot of sadness and adversity and I want them to look to me like, ‘Wow, if she dug herself out of that hole, then there is hope for me,’” Jordan concluded. Financial Lovemaking lesson from this story:

1) If you ever find yourself considering taking your own life over money, this might be a cue to reassess your values.  Money and material possessions are not worth the value of your life.  Financial problems can bring tremendous stress, but some of the happiest people in the world are also the poorest.  One way to escape financial traps is to not value money too much in the first place.

2) The fact that Claudia had it all, lost it, got it back and lost it again is the kind of economic yo-yo you don’t want to find yourself on.  Making the same mistake over and over again is indicative of a set of bad financial habits that you may want to address.  Even celebrities like Claudia can’t put themselves in financial black holes and then hope for a new reality show to bail them out.  It’s not a viable long-term strategy and can lead to a lot of stress.

3) Many African American celebrities, who appear to be swimming in material excess, are one paycheck away from homelessness.  This is often the result of excessive materialism and the need to use financial gain as your pathway to personal and social validation.  As a result of our incessant need to satisfy unnecessary superficial expectations, we find ourselves doing a virtual tap dance on reality television shows, seeking out any opportunity a benevolent white man will offer us to humiliate ourselves in order to pay the bills.  You can’t entirely blame someone for doing what they need to do in order to survive economically, but when a person feels the need to possibly degrade their families and their race in order to make the car note on a Bentley, it can be compared to a man on the corner dancing for a vial of crack cocaine

Micah 2:10
10 Arise ye, and depart; for this is not your rest: because it is polluted, it shall destroy you, even with a sore destruction.

1 Timothy 6:
10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Matthew 6:
24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

No comments:

Post a Comment