Sunday

Man who filmed Eric Garner in chokehold says grand jury was rigged

Ramsey Orta


The Staten Island man who took the cellphone video seen around the world of a cop killing Eric Garner with a chokeholdsaid Thursday the grand jury was rigged.
“I think they already had their minds made up,” Ramsey Orta told the Daily News a day after the panel voted not to charge Officer Daniel Pantaleo with a crime.
“I feel like it wasn’t fair at all,” he said. “It wasn’t fair from the start.”
Orta said he arrived at the Richmond County courthouse on Sept. 1 prepared to be grilled for hours about what happened on July 17, when cops confronted Garner on a Tompkinsville street for selling unlicensed cigarettes.
Ten minutes later, Orta said he was done.
“When I went to the grand jury to speak on my behalf, nobody in the grand jury was even paying attention to what I had to say,” Orta said. “People were on their phones, people were talking. I feel like they didn’t give (Garner) a fair grand jury.”
“People was on their phones, people were having side conversations, like it was just a regular day to them,” he said of the jurors.
Orta, 22, said his appearance before the panel started two hours late because some of the jurors had not shown up.
Then someone turned on the disturbing video of Pantaleo subduing Garner, which was first obtained by The News, and which shocked New York and the nation.
 
Ezekiel 35:
5 Because thou hast had a perpetual hatred, and hast shed the blood of the children of Israel by the force of the sword in the time of their calamity, in the time that their iniquity had an end
 
Psalm 139:
21 Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?

22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

No comments:

Post a Comment