Monday

Islamists kill dozens in Nigeria Christmas bombs


 Islamist militants set off bombs across Nigeria on
 Christmas Day - three targeting churches including one that killed at
 least 27 people - raising fears that they are trying to ignite
 sectarian civil war.
 The Boko Haram Islamist sect, which aims to impose sharia law across
 the country, claimed responsibility for the three church bombs, the
 second Christmas in a row the group has caused mass carnage with
 deadly bombings of churches. Security forces also blamed the sect for
 two other blasts in the north.
 St Theresa's Catholic Church in Madala, a satellite town about 40 km
 (25 miles) from the center of the capital Abuja, was packed when the
 bomb exploded just outside.
 "We were in the church with my family when we heard the explosion. I
 just ran out," Timothy Onyekwere told Reuters. "Now I don't even know
 where my children or my wife are. I don't know how many were killed
 but there were many dead."
 
 Amos 5:24- But let judgment run down as waters, and righteousness as a
 mighty stream
 
 Psalm 50:16- But unto the wicked God saith, What hast thou to do to
 declare my statutes, or that thou shouldest take my covenant in thy
 mouth?

No comments:

Post a Comment