Tuesday

Va. Catholic Priest Temporarily Steps Down After Revealing That He Was Once a Member of the KKK








An Arlington, Va., Catholic priest has decided to temporarily step down after revealing that before becoming a member of the clergy, he used to burn crosses as a member of the Ku Klux Klan.

The Rev. William Aitcheson revealed his dark past in an editorial published Monday in the Arlington Catholic Herald, speaking candidly about his wrongs. 

“What most people do not know about me is that as an impressionable young man, I was a member of the Ku Klux Klan. It’s public information but it rarely comes up,” Aitcheson wrote. “My actions were despicable. When I think back on burning crosses, a threatening letter, and so on, I feel as though I am speaking of somebody else. It’s hard to believe that was me.”




READ THIS ARTICLE HERE AND TELL US WHAT YOU THINK!!

http://www.theroot.com/va-catholic-priest-temporarily-steps-down-after-reveal-1798309919




Psalm 58:3
The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.



Ecclesiastes 7:13
Consider the work of God: for who can make that straight, which he hath made crooked?






No comments:

Post a Comment