Thursday

Detroit Father Shoots Armed Teen Who Attempted to Steal Sunglasses


Joe Lanier

A Detroit man says were it not for his quick thinking, he’d be either dead or injured.
A 17 year old is hospitalized in critical condition after Joe Lanier, a 24 year old father, shot him multiple times.
According to Lanier, the armed teen attempted to rob him of his sunglasses, so Lanier opened fire, using the gun for which he has a concealed carry permit.
“He was on my window with his gun. If I wasn’t on my P’s and Q’s, I would have been gone,” Lanier, told local affiliate WXYZ.
Lanier believes being armed saved his life.
“That’s why [the assailant is] in the hospital and not me.”
Lanier was sitting in his vehicle while on the job as an exterminator when confronted by the armed teen who pulled a gun and demanded Lanier’s sunglasses. Lanier fired several shots.
“The boy tried to rob me and I shot him,” he said.
Lanier then called 911. Lanier’s mother, Angelia Lanier, says she is a licensed instructor and has always taught her kids how to defend themselves.


Read the full article here and tell us what you think!


Proverbs 1:10-15
10 My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.
11 If they say, Come with us, let us lay wait for blood, let us lurk privily for the innocent without cause:
12 Let us swallow them up alive as the grave; and whole, as those that go down into the pit:
13 We shall find all precious substance, we shall fill our houses with spoil:
14 Cast in thy lot among us; let us all have one purse:
15 My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path:

Leviticus 19:17
17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.

No comments:

Post a Comment